View Single Post
      06-14-2012, 09:44 AM   #21
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep
Drives: VF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soorena View Post
The ONLY good thing about them is the build/maintain cost. Don't get me wrong, Z06 Z07 is one of the best handling cars, but you can't deny the fact that it can be better by ditching the leaf springs.
Yes, but that's a double-edged sword. People claim the biggest thing the American cars have going for them is the price tag, along with reduced complexity I guess.... But then talk about needing to ditch SRA, pushrods, leaf springs, etc....

What happens if the 2015 Mustang comes out, and it's got all the bells and whistles, uses high quality materials for the interior, and stickers at a price where we can no longer say, "yeah but it's a helluva bargain!"? Same with the Vette; it's always been a gigantic bargain. Start including a lux interior and the highest quality materials/components/design, and the price starts to escalate.

Seems counter-intuitive to me. If I buy a car because it's a bargain, I don't expect the most refined experience or lux materials in the cabin, etc.... It's common sense.
Appreciate 0