Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 335i E90 sedan

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Smile Another mixed injector success story

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salzamani View Post
Hello again!

Just to give you an update. I replaced only one leaky cylinder 1 injector over 2 months ago. It’s solved my rough idle issues and improved my fuel economy about 10%. My N54 fires up faster than ever not that it ever had an issue. The spark plug now looks dry and clean. I put in an index 12 and coded it using INPA. All of my other 5 injectors are index1’s. The car pulls normal and you would never know that I have mixed injectors because it runs absolutely perfect. Just do it!
Just want to say Thank You to the OP and others on this thread. Gave me the confidence to purchase a "rebuilt" Index 12 injector from recommended eBay seller and install it in (misfiring) Cyl 5 of my '08 335i with 144k miles (coded it using INPA, another thank you to e90post). Solved my misfire, rough start, and rough idle immediately. I got a walnut blast last July and recently had both low P and high P fuel sensors replaced, as well as downstream O2 sensors on both banks. All that helped, but replacing that leaky injector was final piece of the puzzle.