View Single Post
      01-04-2012, 04:42 PM   #158
Propagator
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 328i LMB 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjg View Post
They had to have pulled the codes, arguru stated that the dealership said that the codes related to some "emissions" issue.
From the original post,

Quote:
Originally Posted by arguru
Upon bringing the car in, I had a service advisor come out, get into my car, and proceed to turn off the warning light (they had me leave the car and I was sitting in a waiting area while he did this). He then came to the waiting area and said to completely disregard the warning light as it did NOT indicate that there was anything wrong with my car and that it merely just an alert that some sort of inspection was due on my car that isn't required in our state (Arizona).
It sounds to me like they were backed up with service and did not have a loaner available, so they never really looked at the codes carefully, just assumed it was something minor, and sent arguru on his way. The "emission" thing was just BS. Because let's face it, this is a car that throws an error for not tightening the gas cap all the way.

Given that the thread is pretty long at this point, I don't know if anything has been brought up to rule out this most obvious possibility. Anyone?
Appreciate 0