Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 328i LMB 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaker View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Propagator View Post
From the original post,

It sounds to me like they were backed up with service and did not have a loaner available, so they never really looked at the codes carefully, just assumed it was something minor, and sent arguru on his way. The "emission" thing was just BS. Because let's face it, this is a car that throws an error for not tightening the gas cap all the way.

Given that the thread is pretty long at this point, I don't know if anything has been brought up to rule out this most obvious possibility. Anyone?
typical e90 post......do you really think a dealer is going to pass on ANY business if a problem is detected??
Virtually ALL cars need back pressure provided by gas cap.
Oh the back pressure! I had no idea. That's why people were left stranded all the time before the gas cap sensor finally came along. Oh wait..

These error codes are no different from error messages compiler throws when you try to compile a piece of code. There is the right amount of it that makes it useful. Too many, and it becomes useless. I was merely commenting on the German tendency to throw error on every little thing, making it more difficult to tell what's important and what isn't.

When you say that the dealer will never turn down a business, I guess the implication is that there never was any serious error code, and arguru is making it up. Maybe. He would have had to forge that diagnostics from independent mechanic, but I suppose anything is possible. I am on the other hand personally quite convinced that this issue is real.
Appreciate 0