View Single Post
      08-11-2018, 03:46 PM   #3
Jimmy96
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E90 Bae

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick100 View Post
If you do a quick search on autotrader you would notice that the average price is around 12-13k for a good condition 335 like yours.
Also keep in mind N54 have a bad reputation regarding maintenance, it almost seems the majority of people interested on them are after the ones with manual transmission ( for tuning purposes) . It almost feel like the majority of people wanting automatic sedan would rather get a 328 than a 335 just do avoid headaches , also pricing plays a big factor here. Most people in the market for a 4 door automatic sedan are more than happy with the power / reliability of the N52.

I saw your ad here before and I thought it was a little bit high , also I would remove the date you purchase the car ( august 2017) , it just throws red flags that you want to get rid of the car so fast , even though you did explain you want manual , but still nowdays people are hesitant to believe that type of stuff.

Another thing that may I've noticed was that in your one year of ownership you have spent around 6000$ in maintenance , so to me it almost sounds that you want to get rid of the car because its a maintenance headache .
As I was reading your ad last week , I kept on thinking this guy spent 6k in maintenance in one year, so now I m going to pay close to 20k for a 10 year old car and potentially have to pay 5k in repairs each year, it just did not make sense to me

So my advice is , lower the price a little more , remove the date you purchase the car , list the maintenance done to the car but remove dates . There is not need to list windshield replacement. This would probably attract more people to come see the car , if someone is serious about it and asks you then sure tell them , if they don't do, not even bother. Let them test drive and see for themselves the condition of the car or let them take it to their mechanic ( or dealer) and verify condition of the car. I can not tell you how you are going to deal with test pilots, or people taking the car to their mechanics, it really depends on how comfortable you feel , if the buyer is a serious buyer , etc etc. I can only tell you how you can possibly attract more buyers
Thanks for your response, and wow that makes alot of sense. I will edit it..

This car wasnt really a maintenance headache to me at all, i just always maintain and do lots of preventative maint on all my cars.. Also I just wanted to express I did most n54 ticket items so the future buyer wont have to..

Also there is no lemans blue 335i msport for 12-13k CAD at this km/condition, only a plain ol' black non msport 335 maybe ..

Also yes, im 100% OK with people getting Pre-purchase inspections on this car too
Appreciate 0