Mik325tds
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335d M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWerkeUSA View Post
Update:
The new injector arrived today and we replaced the injector 2 and coded it using ISTA+. Then, we reset successfully the following adaptations (BTW, I am using the Beemer Geeks USB cable):
1) Mean quantity adaptions
2) Rail pressure regulating valve
3) Air mass flow sensor
4) injectors

"Increment wheel" reset did not work for some reason.

Then attempted to start the car. It took about 4 tries. Stopped it and cleared all the spurious codes but Boost-pressure sensor, signal (003F01) came back immediately resulting in the half engine sign (I think). We started the car but it took 3 to 4 cranks and drove it for 90 miles of which 60 miles was on a highway at 60 miles an hour. The highway driving was done to regenerate the DPF per Carly. We will check tomorrow if the regeneration worked. In any case, even though the half engine sign was there, the car appeared to drive normally and the engine is very smooth while driving. At idle, there appears to be still some roughness (compared to an e90 335i) but nowhere near how it was before. I still have the Boost-pressure sensor, signal (003F01) code stored in the DDE. We saw also the following code: Rail Pressure monitoring on engine start (004B90). I am wondering if 4B90 has anything to do with long crank that I am experiencing now? Do these messages indicate that I am going to need new sensors?

Thanks to everyone for their suggestions/recommendation, I think we are almost there.
Not being able to reset "increment wheel adaptions" is a definite sign of older DDE SW. That one was introduced in the newest SW to help with rough engine idle after CBU cleaning.
But what I learned recently was that resetting the correction values of the injector was the biggest winner for engine smoothness after CBU cleaning. Yet, this is a moot point since you stated you didn't clean the CBU.
BTW, that would be a good test for you to do. There's a test in ISTA that runs the engine at different speeds and figures out if you have CBU buildup in the intake. I believe it is under service functions, intake sooting.
Definitely safe that old injector. I don't think it is toast necessarily and your codes may come back.
Appreciate 0