10-21-2018, 11:35 AM   #16
BMWerkeUSA
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 760li, 2012 650i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mik325tds View Post
Not being able to reset "increment wheel adaptions" is a definite sign of older DDE SW. That one was introduced in the newest SW to help with rough engine idle after CBU cleaning.
But what I learned recently was that resetting the correction values of the injector was the biggest winner for engine smoothness after CBU cleaning. Yet, this is a moot point since you stated you didn't clean the CBU.
BTW, that would be a good test for you to do. There's a test in ISTA that runs the engine at different speeds and figures out if you have CBU buildup in the intake. I believe it is under service functions, intake sooting.
Definitely safe that old injector. I don't think it is toast necessarily and your codes may come back.
Mik325tds,

I actually ran the the Intake Port Sooting diagnostics test using ISTA+ a few days ago and the results indicated that I don't have a CBU problem. When I was changing the injector 2 (the last one we changed) I did a visual inspection. The ports, the EGR as well as throttle body weren't looking too bad.
Thanks
Appreciate 0