xrrr
a.k.a Simon
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 330i M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slaz View Post
Vines of Guildford are good in my experience.

Wood in Hampshire (Odiham) are to be avoided. Had a bad experience with one of their barrow-boy style sales people (who shall remain nameless). I had enquired about whether he could match the coast 2 coast price I was quoted and after much tooing and fro-ing and the usual "I wouldn't normally do this but seeing as its you..." he said they could. I said thanks and that I would think it over and get back to him if I wanted to proceed. In the meantime Vines gave me an even better discount and I placed my order with them.

On being called back by him and informing said salesman that I wouldn't be placing the order with him he went ballistic and said that I'd lied to him, that he'd been shafted, that he'd really gone out on a limb with his boss etc... He repeatedly called me a liar and then hung up on me!:mad:

Totally unprofessional. I work in business development and in my job if a customer takes his business elsewhere then its okay to say you're disappointed but the important thing is to close on good terms and keep the door open for him to come back to you later on. Behaving like a spoilt brat only shoots yourself in the foot.
I bought my current car used from Wood in Odiham. I had an ok time with them, the sales guy seemed ok. I spent 2 hours negotiating the price, even to the point that they got their computer out and showed me how much they paid for it - I was still not convinced I was not been conned but it was 19:00 on a Friday! In the test drive I had noticed a few marks on the interior (pen and fizzy drink on the seat) so I asked them to clean it off - which they did not. It is the small things that niggle!

Anyway, I bought by previous car new from Barons in Farnborough. Good sales, excellent after care. In fact, even though I live in Guildford I prefer Barons to Vines. Our company has an office in Farnborough so I can get Barons to collect from work which is handy.

I plan to purchase an E92 of some description in the next 6 months or so and I will be giving Barons a go (I have a test drive booked with them in a few weeks) and obviously looking at Vines of Guildford.

BTW, Vines are a great place to go for a test drive as you can turn right out of Slyfield and get some really good runs in. DO NOT test drive a car in Walton on Thames (Walton Audi) as I spend 30 mins in a traffic jam and did not get over 35 mph!

[Join my E92 Flickr Photo Group. Go on you know you want to!]
Appreciate 0