View Single Post
      03-21-2018, 10:39 AM   #101
BravoJohny33
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb7200 View Post
My 07 335xi is at 111,000 miles, and it hasn't been pretty...

Right when I bought it at 100,000, actually, it shit the bed. Threw a rod for unknown reasons. Vanos also went. I was very lucky with this, however, as all of it happened within a 30 day warranty period, so the dealer fixed everything at no cost to me. Had I gotten the car earlier, then I could have been up sh*t creek without a paddle.

Would I buy another BMW when this one reaches the end of its road? Hell yes! I know that might sound crazy after what happened with this one, but that could happen to any car. Bottom line, all these horror stories about the cars dying do not come true for every single e90 on the road, you have to keep that in mind. You have to keep up on maintenance and do preventative things before they can happen. BMW is kind of at blame, like saying your transmission has "lifetime" fluid, and saying you should change your oil at 12,000 mile intervals when really you should be doing it around every 5,000... and the people who originally bought these cars listened, because why else go against what the manufacturer says? These cars will go on forever, you just have to treat them right and not be afraid of doing these little things when you are supposed to, and not keep putting them off.
Every 5k oil.. what year is this 1955? New oil is designed to last 15k miles plus and the cars are designed to handle this for hundreds of thousands miles. I have followed BMW oci since day one and the one thing that has not broke is the engine. It's everything else.
Appreciate 0