View Single Post
      03-23-2011, 11:44 AM   #185
1QuikWS6
No 55mph
Rep
Drives: F32 435ix MSport

Garage List
Quote:
I've heard that the Eibachs get bouncy after a few thousand miles though on the xi. That's a waste in itself seeing that you get this setup installed and after 10000 miles you need to buy new springs and have them installed. Youve already wasted money on the incorrect springs and then after a year you spend another $250 to buy the correct springs and have those installed. I say do it right the first time.
With Eibachs on an xi, that is a waste of money.
I never heard that either?

Do you have any posts to reference that state that?

Basically, the primary function of shocks/struts is to control/dampen the springs. When you have a car that bounces many times when hitting bumps, it's usually because the shocks are shot - not the springs.

Not usual for springs to go bad unless they are made from inferior material, have been overloaded constantly, or someone decided to use a torch to cut off coils in order to create their own 'lowering' springs - heat removes the temper of the spring...

Eibach has a good rep with aftermarket suspension so I don't think it would be the spring quality (all though it is possible to get a bad one here or there).

Question is; if the bouncy Eibachs story is true, were they installed with factory shocks (that are not made to dampen/control lowering springs)?

I see a lot of members simply throwin a set of lowering springs on factory shocks - most of the time on shocks with quite a bit of mileage on them.

If that is the case, then I can understand bouncy springs - but it's not the fault of the springs.

All Eibach does not list a specific spring for xi, there are quite a few members running the appropriate 335i or 328i springs on ix cars with absolutely no problems or bouncing issues that I have read.

If you're worried about the Eibach app - then go with H&R's. Just know that the drop will be greater
F32 435ix//MGM//M Sport-Prem-Tech-Driver Assist-Lighting-Cold Weather-Dyn Handling Pkgs//M4 Black Lthr Int w/M4 Alum Blade Trim//HK w/Bavsound Stg3//763M//M4 Euro LCI Tails//M4 Mirrors w/CF Covers//AWCarbon CF F/R Spoilers-Side Splitters-Diffuser 6WB/ID6 HU+HUD/IND M4 Alcantara Armrest//PURE S2 Turbo//AA FMIC+DP//ER CP+TIC//3.5bar TMAP/TS DV//AWE Tuning Exh w/Blk Tips//Turner MS CF Intake//BM3 Cary Jordan Tune//MPerf Diff//PrecRW Ignition Kit
Appreciate 0