View Single Post
      11-26-2020, 10:02 PM   #249
bsmoov
Captain
Rep
Drives: e91 6 speed touring

Got my flash tune successfully installed.

It was a dramatic difference for me as I came from a 06 325 e91 6MT.

I didn't do a fresh install. I already had working BMW Tools on my laptop and I just did the steps to load the .prg and .ipo files, but I think it was already done because like what eljay said, I had to click ok to rewrite and replace like 237 times manually.

My winkfp didn't work as I got the coapi initialization error, but I was able to fix it with a google search and copying some files and pasting it to a different location after updating the sp-daten files using the coding tool for winkfp. I also had to use 2 flash drives because those daten files for the e89 are huge and when I tried to extract them there was no space on my flash drive even after erasing everything. I had to extract from one flash drive to another and use the extracted one from the directory.

Woooooo!!! Feels like a totally brand new car and I haven't even swapped my manifold yet. Got the 3SIM with new disas and the external pcv system with the new oem breather hoses and the oil return hose. I'm sure once those go in it'll be even more powerful than it is now.

I have no check engine lights or SES lights and the car is running like a beast. I'm thinking about flashing my wife's 328i e91 with just the 330i tune. Would that be a good idea even though I have no plans on doing the 3SIM manifold swap on it?
Appreciate 1
E92William1998.00