View Single Post
      03-17-2017, 04:22 AM   #51
e36mmm
Major
Rep
Drives: 335i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtl View Post
I disagree, driven heaps of zf 6ats at various kms and a service is definitely worth it if you're at 100k.

You won't notice it unless you drive other cars but whenever I drive a high km one they drive like crap compared to recently serviced ones or low kms ones. The shifts slush more (could be worn out seals which reduces the hydraulic pressure) the transition between coast and drive can be clunky, downshifts not accurate (tries to rev match but doesnt give enough revs and has to slush the shift ). Imo these transmissions dont feel great after 100k and makes me very glad I drive a manual.

tawfeeqh car was upgraded by nizpro but was also rebuilt and freshened up and I can say it is by far the best zf 6at i've ever driven. Drive heaps better than any stock, tuned or recently serviced 6hp21 ive ever driven. Shifts were crisp and downshifts were actually accurate, instead of slushing the mismatched revs.
Thanks for your feedback bro. I'll give it a go then. Would be nice for you to drive my cars and see what you think.. I haven't noticed any of those signs but perhaps it can perform even better than what I am used to..
Appreciate 0