View Single Post
      06-18-2011, 01:49 PM   #6
stuknnj
Getaway Driver
Rep
Drives: 330

hope this helps

Sorry, got a lil busy and forgot... I got the kit from AutoZone, same can in the picture except it was 18oz and same gauge tho.
Name:  kit.jpg
Views: 101246
Size:  183.6 KB

Disclaimer: I am not a pro, I have done this previously and am providing a description of my quest for anyone who is interested.

So here goes... The only tools you need is your hands, gloves, and ability to use the stupid quick connect. First you're gonna need to start the car and let it run for about 5 minutes with the ac on max.

Name:  atc.jpg
Views: 99371
Size:  97.3 KB
Give the canister a good shake for about 30 seconds; then attach the hose on the side with the opener, if it didn't come together. DO NOT TURN THE NOZZLE ON YET, the can is pressurized and it comes out quickly and feels like cryo.
Open the hood and remove the cap on the low pressure line (the left side of the vehicle, right next to the power steering fluid reservoir). Nothing will happen its like a tire valve cap.

Name:  low pressure connector.jpg
Views: 114411
Size:  121.2 KBAttach the quick connect end to the low pressure line. s/b To use the quick connect hold the hose firmly, pull back the safety and press the hose firmly onto the low pressure line you will feel it click, then release the safety.

Name:  attached.jpg
Views: 115801
Size:  128.4 KB Once connected the pressure gauge will move to let you know how much pressure is in the system. On this one the pressure gauge was temp aligned so now calculation needed. FYI if it's in the blue you probably have a leak. Red means overcharged, stop go to a service facility. This shouldnt happen with one can unless you are at the top of the gauge in which case you need to go in to a center anyway and have the refrigerant removed and refilled.Name:  gauge.jpg
Views: 130390
Size:  123.9 KB

Ok if you dont need to go to a service center go ahead and turn the nozzle all the way down. Once it cannot turn anymore began to agitate the can, doesnt need to be vigorous just keep moving every so often. If you sit it down make sure it is upright but try to keep moving it. Depending on the can size it take between 5 and 15 minutes to empty. So after about 5 close the nozzle and see where you are on the pressure gauge. If the can begins to feel empty turn it upside down for a couple seconds. Once finished pop off the quick connector and close the cap and the hood. Grab some tiger blood and enjoy the cold air... Oh and recycleName:  green.jpg
Views: 98885
Size:  149.6 KB

If the can is not empty or you reached the desired pressure the canister must be stored with the hose connected. I left it on a shelf and it was fine if you move the can though the refrigerant activates again and may start coming out, so be mindful if storing. DO NOT STORE IN VEHICLE.