View Single Post
      01-31-2019, 05:02 AM   #10
salimshk
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 330d M Sport Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Streek View Post
Not quite, re-read what he wrote in his original post. The OP stated that the water temp drops when heater is on full:

"but drop well below 88c when the blowers are on full"

This is will only happen when you stat allows too much coolant through so can't hold temp when heat is lost to the heater. There should be no way that you can loose that much coolant temp when using the heater with a correctly operating stat. Even if the rad was over cooling somehow the stat would close until the coolant temp rises again.

Unless you have trapped air in you're heater matrix.

I'm happy to be proven wrong, but I still reckon you have a faulty stat.

I've tried bleeding the system several times and every time I get different symptoms.

Sometimes it blows hot air but the coolant temperature starts dropping (below 88c) as soon as you increase blower speed.

Other times it will stay within the required coolant temp range but the air will only blow cold (or hot air will come out the face vents and not the footwells)

After the most recent bleed the car isn't even getting up to the 80's in my 20 minute drive to work, however the few days prior to this I was upto 88 within 7 minutes!

So I'm confused as to whether its the stat or perhaps an air bubble in the system. It's been bled so many times though, can't see it being an air bubble. Both top and bottom radiator hoses are getting warm and I squeezed them to push the air out. Am I missing something in the bleeding process?
Appreciate 0