Thread: N55 Lean Issues
View Single Post
      02-13-2020, 10:47 AM   #7
anjuna
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: f25

MAF is a parity check against speed density (TMAP vs throttle position).

By disconnecting it, you told the DME to pound sand when it comes to checking metered air vs speed density lookup.

Additionally, you're maxing out STFT in your log (20%) - stop it. Listen to other people. Don't be a dummy.

Thanks for skimping out on the log parameters. Your starting fuel pressure is a bit higher than what it should be - ~2930psi vs ~2750psi. It then tapers off to what it should be at 5000rpm (2450psi).

You're still experiencing some pre-igniton, but it's not extreme, just stuff I would want to tune out. Cyl 5 is noisy, so its just -3 in a few places.

I can't give any insight on this. You're experiencing a lean condition - period. I doubt it is a "vacuum leak" since this is underboost; you would be seeing a rich condition if there was a boost leak (with MAF). Without MAF, you're just getting incorrect fueling, period.

What is your history on TMAP / MAF? any changes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versauce View Post
So I tried flashing to stock, same issue persisted. I removed MHD completely, same thing. That then brought me to the MAF suggestion. I unplugged the MAF and drove the rest of the day with it disconnected. Off the bat I noticed the car ran much smoother. I did a log on my way home last night and it appears fuel trims look better? Along with less timing corrections.

I still have concerns about my boost but with the MAF off I was closer to where it should be. I still think I need a new boost solenoid. I did also install the turbo inlet gasket last night.

https://datazap.me/u/versauce/log-15...og=0&data=3-12
Appreciate 0