View Single Post
      04-14-2013, 10:04 AM   #99
Technic
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2021 i3S, 2024 i4 M50

Quote:
Originally Posted by mecorsey View Post
Can anyone assist me in identifying the cable I need to buy to enable the search and play of iphone 4s music using the drive? I have 2009 335i with S620A (Voice Control), S639A (Preparation for mobile phone), S6AAA(BMW TeleServices), S6ABA(COntrol for Teleservices), S6FLA(USB/Audio Interface, and Navigation. I purchased and installed the base plate and trim piece. I also purchased the music snap in adapter for the iPhone. The phone charges, but the car stereo does not recognize the iPhone unless I remove it from cradle and connect to the usb port via the Y-cable. I would like to charge an play music from the snap-in adapter. I am thinking there may be a way to jumper into the existing USB and audio jack in the center console?
Your MY2009 335i did not have a factory-installed Combox for the Music snap in to work. The Music snap-in is incorrect/useless for your model year.

Combox was factory-installed from MY2011.5-on in the USA.

Please contact forum vendor BimmerTech for details and pricing of a Combox retrofit in your MY2009. No BMW dealer is capable of performing a Combox retrofit.
Appreciate 0