08-28-2018, 08:36 AM   #11
Volasko
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 06 330i E90, 18 530xe G30

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by feuer View Post
No, I have not created a thread but I guess I should. I dealt with GC directly via email. Two other forum members send me some photos from their bushings showing early signs of failure. This was 3 maybe 4 years ago but I remember GC being arrogant in there correspondence, like " who are you to say our designed is flawed, we had engineers design these blah blah". Bushing isn't too small. The insert is to small too support the bushing. You already experiencing little more NVH after single track day. It will only progress to worse.
Did you run aggressive camber for these 3 years before the bushing flaw started to fail. Your previous post says the farther the plate is from center (ie more camber) the more stress is placed on this insert bushing causing the early failure/additional slop. After my track session I put these back to center (ie. stock camber) so maybe I'll fair better? At this point I'm committed to them as I tack welded in the alignment pin so just grasping at straws now.

Also: Would you know how much the toe angle changes with respect to change in camber. I had my alignment shop try and get close to 0, actual toe settings are 0.12 left and 0.11 deg right for a total toe of 0.23, this all while my front camber was around 3.8 deg on both sides. Going back to stock settings would have my front camber at the 1.9 deg range. Essentially want to know if I'd be burning up my fronts on my DD after the change and don't feel like going for another alignment just to confirm myself.

Last edited by Volasko; 08-28-2018 at 09:46 AM..
Appreciate 0