Rep
Drives: Single Turbo N54 on Meth!

Garage List
2007 BMW E92  [10.00]
2007 BMW E90  [0.00]
2006 BMW E91  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beas View Post
coilovers all the way. cost shouldn't be an issue, its a bmw.

springs are a waste of time and money for people that don't know what they are doing.
You sure you don't mean the opposite?

Coilovers are at best 4x as much as springs alone. Honestly you don't want to be riding on sub 1,000 coilovers IMO.

99% of people don't know how to properly set up coilovers. Most just lower to what they want for a visual, play with the settings once or twice and that is it. That is not how you set up coilovers. Also, most people buy coilovers with the idea they are going to adjust the ride height. From my experience people set it once and never adjust again. If you aren't going to corner balance or be changing your ride height why get adjustable coilovers?

Springs work great for most people. It's basically impossible to install or use them wrong unless you put a lot of preload on them.

OP if you never plan on tracking/draging your car just get springs. Get some struts too if you have the spare $$$. I've been on lowering springs for 4 years. I am only upgrading my suspension to coilovers and all the arms/bushings/etc. as I need to because of the power I am putting down and my goals have shifted.

A lot of this comes down to how much you are ready to spend and your goals. If its for looks and slight performance improvement get springs.
Appreciate 1
whyzee1251671.00