Drives: 2008 BMW 328I

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jklad View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dakotacoates View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jklad View Post
What to do first:

-spend time searching and learn as much as you can.

After that, at 100k miles:

-check for leaks at vcg(which was already replaced), oil pan, ofhg, oil Tstat gasket, and rear main seal.
Regarding your vcg - did they replace the whole cover, or just the gasket? If just the gasket, that sucks but wtv. Check that they also replaced the Pcv flapper hose, and go ahead and replace the pcv with an upgraded RB PCV.

-your a 2008, so what version dme do you have? If you have msd80, read up on dme failure so your prepared.

-also read up on PS pulley / engine mount failure so you are aware.

-while you're at it, read about fuel injectors failure too.

-consider replacing your engine mounts to prevent the PS pulley issue.

-were plugs and coils changed in the last 30k Miles? If not, replace all - it's easy and cheap to do. Or, just wait till you tune and get errors and replace them all then.

-tuning - recommend start with tune, see how it behaves and if any codes, then add charge pipe and intercooler, see how it behaves for a while. If all good, get dp's.

-small amounts of e85 work with a fresh stock pump, but might not with your tired old 100k mole original lpfp.

-how bad are your turbos rattling? Read up on how to adjust the rear turbo arm and make it go away for a while.

-all fluids should have been replaced/freshened up, except for your coolant.

-btw, has the wp been replaced? If not, it should blow up soon and leave you stranded. Replace both wp and Tstat.

What else?
This is exactly what I was looking for thank you but I put my tune in the other day and every time I get under heavy throttle my car throws a half check engine light and I get the code 30ff for low boost, i smoke tested my car under light pressure and found my Diverter valves were leaking right off the charge pipe and I also have a waste gate rattle could this be causing the low boost code? If so how do I fix the Diverter valve leak do I have to replace the whole charge pipe and valves? also if the waste gate is causing it how do I fix that? As far as maintenance the spark plugs were replaced 9k miles ago and the whole valve cover gasket assembly was replaced not just the gasket
I can't tell you without seeing where the leak is.

Regarding dv leak - sure, buy a new aftermarket cp and Decide if you want to use dvs or bov won't hurt and they're cheap.

Replace all the vacuum lines on the dv/intake manifold side.

Replace all the vacuum lines from brake booster to the turbos - can't believe I forgot to mention this in my previous message.

Your wastegates rattle could a symptom of leaky vacuum line, so do this first. At 100k likely have hole somewhere. They are difficult to visually inspect for tears so just replace them all, you'll be glad you did.

See #1 in last message and research vacuum lines diy

Also, research how to test and adjust wastegates for proper functioning if you think that's your issue.
So I did a smoke test on my intake to see where the leak was coming from for my low boost code and I saw the Diverter valves leaking directly off the charge pipe so I ordered a new charge pipe and converted to a blow off valve so we will see if that fixes the code but other then that I didn't see any other leaks from any lines at all so you think I should still go ahead and replace them or would that be a waste
Of time however the smoke test wasn't under high pressure
Appreciate 0