07-22-2018, 07:40 PM   #15
squaredphoto
First Lieutenant
Poland
Rep
Drives: E91

Garage List
2018 BMW 340i  [0.00]
Just crossed 70k and did some changes since the last post.

In April, my TPMS module got corroded from all the salt and caused my FRM to get busted as well. Got both of those replaced.

IND is about a stones throw away from me so I've been doing some "browsing" there.. Ryan@IND helped with getting a 3DDesign rear wing, painted front sidemarkers, and now there are some wheels on the way too

I found a very cheap set of EU tails and light switch overseas so I had to put them on
I got a set of Reinharte R1 (sister company of Stance Suspension) coilovers and we are currently in the prototype phase. They ride and handle great, but on high speed impacts of over an inch, there's an instant harsh bump stop impact. Gotta get that figured out. We are running 9K front and 16K rear.

We noticed that the stock rear suspension bushing were way to soft and were acting as a secondary spring. The rear would oscillate over wavy roads and continuous rough patches in the road. Those soft bushings didn't allow the coilover to actually do its job. I got a set of AKG Motorsport poly 85A rear upper suspension bushings.

The fit an finish of the bushings is great and install was super easy. Instantly, the rear end was "firmer" and more responsive to my input. They eliminated that weird behavior I was experiencing prior to having them installed.

Along with the bushings, I put a set of SPL rear toe arms to tidy up the alignment. We went for -1.5* camber front and rear and 0* toe all the way around.

Once we figure the front out, it will be set . I'm considering upgrading the rear sway bar as well for some better rear turn in. Need to research the alternatives that are out there.

Appreciate 5
BIGGNS403.00
tetsuo1111227.00
Silnismo225.50
CDirks135.00