06-23-2010, 02:31 PM   #922
dmurray14
The Stig
United_States
Rep
Drives: Quickly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booster4075 View Post
Deep down, I was hoping this CIC emulator would interrupt the necessary FSC for the newer maps too.. I guess the map FSC is different...or is it?

..and yes, WinKFP should be able to upgrade the CIC firmware. Question is, will it work on a car without D-Can such as my 9/06. (I'm assuming it will)
Probably not, unless you just connect the DCAN interface directly to the CIC (outside the car) which you should be able to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesliew View Post
I've never used WinkFP, but if someone can give me some guidance on how I can change the VIN number in the CIC then I may give it a shot next month with the 2010 maps.

In theory if it does work then there is no reason why you couldn't buy the FSC code and then write that 1 VIN number to many CIC's for use with the emulator.

But that's a project for next month since I've spent way toooo much on my car this month with my water pump just dying on me.
Great idea. I think you can do it with Tool32 - but I'm not sure, I've never done it....I know it was possible with other ECUs. Of course, the next problem is loading the FSC into the CIC - which a few of the guys above know how to do, but are unwilling to share.