Mad Linux Guru On The Loose
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i Sedan, 2023 M3

Garage List
2023 BMW M3  [0.00]
2008 335i E90  [8.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrnuke View Post
I am on your side, I should have bolded when you said for someone to try and explain it better.
Guys,

I think you are missing some of the point I am trying to make here. I have a dedicated track car which is still running stock swaybars front and rear.

The 335i OEM swaybars are too soft from the factory because there is no LSD. But I am not driving a stock 335i. Instead mine is fully built, minus sway bars.

Yes, I agree with you entirely. There are multiple ways of "fixing" the understeer. One way is to improve the mechanical grip on the front end. I think I already maxed this option out and I don't think I can do anything else here.

Another way is to reduce the mechanical grip in the rear to make the car more balanced. To do that I can run narrower tires in the back, I can change the spring rate, I can swap the sway bar or I can do a combination of the three.

Right now, if I am mid corner and I apply power, the rear does not rotate at all. There is so much grip in the back that the car starts pushing forward instead of turning. That's not me overdriving it. That's just how the balance is right now. I just want a more balanced car.

Let me see if I can put it in another way:

The M3 Sedan which is about same weight as the 335i has different sway bars, different springs, different suspension components. My car is pretty much M3 suspension wise except for the sway bars.

So now explain to me why I should not get the M3 sway bars?