View Single Post
      05-08-2009, 10:19 PM   #3
Technic
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2021 i3S, 2024 i4 M50

Quote:
Originally Posted by lezgettdrunk View Post
I have a 2008 BMW 335i I am trying to install a Amp & Sub. I have everything setup except I am having major trouble finding a place to connect the remote wire.

I've searched numerous forums and trying to figure out where to hook the remote wire. I found the factory amp on the left side and found the power wire based on a wire diagram I found on this forum. If I connect it to that the Amp is always on.

The power cable in the diagram attached is red/(think its white or blue) and i'm using a test light, but there is power even when the car is off. I would think there is a remote wire to turn off the factory amp. Am I missing something? Any help or advice would be great

What system do you have? Logic7 or standard?

If it is Logic7, the remote wire is pin 13 in the back of your OEM HU/iDrive computer (there's no remote wire in the Logic7 amp harness). If the system is the standard, the remote wire is pin 10 (thin black wire) in the OEM amp harness.

You should use that OEM remote wire and nothing else if you want to keep full OEM functionality. Any other 12V source will not be synchronized with the way the OEM system handles the audio as well as this OEM remote.
Appreciate 0