EB89
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i e92 DCT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric_Y View Post
BMS claimed a gain of 80hp/60whp on a stock N55 car, but that sounds too high if comparing to your JB4 only dyno. I`m new to tuning, if there anything I missed?
The manufacture will claim higher numbers and they are also USA numbers, so take 15% away to begin with to account for the US numbers, then take more to account for them being loose with the estimate.

You arent missing anything.

Their claimed 60whp is 44.7rwkw

Take 15% off which is 6.7rwkw and you are left with 38rwkw

Then

A stock car can vary in is power massively, I learnt recently in Melbourne Nizpro had dynoed stock N54's at like 150rwkw and another at 210rwkw, fully stock....

So its really anyones guess as to where you will get to....

The only way to know for sure is to do stock dyno runs, get an average, then more dyno runs on the same dyno after adding a tune or parts, but even the same dyno will run different numbers on different days...

I was lucky enough to have the JB4 installed, and to do a run with it off then a run with it on, and yeah i saw 20rwkw added when it was in map2.

This is why you really cant compare dyno numbers between cars... Tooo many variables