View Single Post
      01-30-2017, 03:59 PM   #41
puddyboy28
Rep
Drives: 2012 328i M Sport

Similar issue

I have recently installed new tires on my 19" wheels up front. No spacers but my car is lowered on coils pretty aggressively. I know this can cause handling issues but when i had it aligned with my old tires it was fine.

so new tires I had them balanced twice at the garage it brought it too. kinda skeptical still about their quality of work so i am in between right now when i have time to go again if i can diagnose this myself. and bring it to a friends garage who can do much better work.

took each wheel off and inspected the rotors and linkages .. everything seemed fine and secure. No spacers and factory oem pads and calipers.

the vibration is only is the steering wheel above and between 45-60mph stops at 70mph and dies down slowly when i hit over 90mph+ the car is planted and its not noticeable.

from feeling the car over the last few days and really paying attention it feels like its coming from the passenger front. as i can see a slight bob up and down which to me seems like a dent in the rim. when i am creeping at lower speeds the car bobs up and down (since i have my coils set on a hard setting its exaggerated) but this only happens SOMETIMES its very very weird. no vibrations at braking at high or low speeds. only in between 45-60mph.

If it is a dented rim id rather pay the cost of a replacement rim than go through all the bushings and control arms first.

I saw a few of you posted about a "road test I" .. i will see if i can have this done as well.

I will keep you posted if i can relate to a few other members.
Appreciate 0