06-25-2020, 06:03 PM   #234
Biginboca
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 328i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlow98 View Post
Awesome. I love it!

With respect to chassis stiffeners - there are a lot available between the E90/91/92 and M3. Have you taken those into account? I integrated the lower front aluminum plate M3 stiffener on my car and it was a substantial change. There are MANY stiffeners in the rear that you could also use.

Check out my build to see the lower stiffeners. Huge change. You already have the E92 rear stock, i think?
I considered the front skid plate/stiffener but I’ve been trying to take weight off not add it. The reason I was considering it though was because I saw it in your thread!

So from what you removed from the belly/skid plate it looks like what you have left on the car probably weighs about 6lbs now? I actually looked the part up on realoem after reading your thread and found the stock weight and then subtracted a bit for what you cut off to get a figure like that.

Interesting you say it’s a substantial difference. I figured that plate was more of a skid plate to protect the oil pan and decided the added weight wasn’t necessary for the benefit (as a skid plate). I see a lot of track cars run skid plates and kind of assumed it was more for that.

Yes in the rear I have the stock e92 “V” brace.

Last edited by Biginboca; 06-25-2020 at 06:18 PM..
Appreciate 0