Porscha!
Should be on www.retrorides.com
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Porsche 944

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by beemerbird View Post
Porscha, I am sure you will not object to some 'motherly', well intentioned advice. So, when is a car forum not a car forum. When it is not used for it's original purpose. Well, that is a legal matter, which for now is a side issue.

E90 post is a predominately 'male' orientated forum, many of whom are older. Some will no doubt, come on here to escape the other half and be who they want/wish to be. The majority I believe are probably normal men. Some of course are not. One will always get the schoolboy pranks of passing notes around the class room - irony being this is actually very empowering and asserts much control to the fairer sex. Shocking for some but streuth no way! Picture the faces. Indeed, I have discovered that men can 'pen' some very risque and romantic literature. Lord Byron watch out!

Point being you are the next generation which for the most part is positive, no way at your age would I have joined a car forum such as this. I applaud young women and how they do and go where they want. However as much as you have the right to voice your opinion, others also have that right. Traditionally, this has created informed debates. There always comes a point when there is actually no point in continuing the debate ie. if comments are perceived to be irksome. They can simply be treated with the contempt they so richly deserve.

I for one admire and share your enthusiasm for all things automotive but I have been on the sharp end of some male inadequacies over the years, which ultimately only serve to compound ones existing opinions about a minority. On the whole, I believe most on here are normal, decent, self confident guys. Tbh, I have not read anything that could be construed as 'bad' per se. Besides, I have always believed unless it is said to your face Porscha, it 'aint worth worrying about. After all, it takes 'balls' to face up to someone.

Enjoy the forum and be yourself.

My rant over.
Thankyou for the advice

Now you have the best car out of all of us on here, shouldn't you be out driving?

Hope you still have the Porsche bug

Front Engined Porsche
Appreciate 0