Drives: 2018 M4 Comp Indv

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by brocken View Post
Another vote for Reset.
Quote:
Originally Posted by T0RM3NT View Post
Thank you. I'll give Reset a go!
Reset's fine, but a WAY better (and way cheaper) option is to go to O'Reilly's and get Superior products stuff, but you have to pre-order it by its product code (see below)

For pre-wash I use:
Road Warrior: dilute anywhere from 4:1 to 10:1, meaning one $12 gallon gets you 5 gallons of pre-wash. RW is also great for wheels & tires. I pretty much use it for everything. The key is, as with any pre-wash, never let it dry on your car and don't spray it on a hot car whether in the Sun or from driving. If the car has been in the rain or snow (thus road film), then RW is my go-to. 10:1 is reset, full strength is better than Lift. I've routinely used it full strength out of my foam cannon, or some glugs into my "muck bucket" for doing the wheels.

Pink Perfection: this is basically an APC + auto shampoo. It can be diluted & used as above like RW and it great for lighter road film and for bugs. Let's say you have bugs on your hood, then I'd foam, dwell, rinse and see what came off. If there's any left I'd foam, wipe with a MF, use a bug scrubber if needed, then rinse. Then continue with a wash. 4:1 is Lift, full strength is best for heavy bugs

Cherry Foam: this isn't a pre-wash, just a great auto shampoo for your foam cannon for cheap. If you do bucket washes, then you want to use Dirt Buster. Sometimes I'll mix in some pink perfection or Green-All (their APC) to give my maintenance wash a little more bite. All dilutable as above.
Basically you call your local O'Reillys and tell them you want to order by part num. So for, say, Road Warrior, you'd order C46-1 for the 1 gallon size. Then they'll have it at their store for pickup the next day.

So for $30 you can cover just about every car detailing need you have for at least a year.

As a side note, FWIW, I never 2 bucket as, for me, it's a lot of hassle for a worse wash than Garry Dean rinseless or pre-foam -> rinse -> rinseless.

If the car has been in the rain or snow (therefore road film), then it for sure gets a full strength foam down with Road Warrior and if I can see a lot of dirt then I'll do pass with mitts before the rinse and follow up with a GD rinseless.

Last edited by GrussGott; 04-07-2023 at 03:56 PM..
Appreciate 1