View Single Post
      03-28-2012, 10:09 PM   #1572
Detailed Image
United_States
Rep
Drives: Detailed by Detailed Image

Quote:
Originally Posted by zanth119 View Post
Hi Greg - getting ready to do the first full detail on my E91 this weekend. As you recommended, will be sealing with the Blackfire Wet Diamond, and then want to try a coat of Poorboys Natty's Paste Wax (Blue) on top. I want to apply the wax with the PC 7427 XP, and I have the black (AKA grey) LC pads. Can you advise on the following, please?

What's the best way to get the paste wax onto the pad, and how much should be used per panel?

What speed should the PC be set to?

How much hand pressure on the PC should be used?

Any other tips for a waxing newb would be helpful. Thanks!
I would suggest a black or blue pad to apply the BFWD. In general paste waxes like the Natty's Blue Paste Wax are meant to be applied by hand. You could try to spread a bit of the wax on the face of the pad I feel you'll waste a lot of time and product. Instead I would just simply recommend applying it by hand or pick up the Poorboy's World Liquid Natty's Blue Wax instead. This liquid wax can be applied by hand or with a buffer and a blue or black pad.

In general I apply sealants and liquid waxes at speed three. No pressure is needed for these products, polishing is the step that requires some pressure. Your goal is to evenly apply a nice thin coating.

If you need more tips don't hesitate to ask questions or check out our detailing guide and our Ask a Pro Blog. Hope this helps!

Greg @ DI
Appreciate 0