View Single Post
      03-22-2010, 02:39 PM   #20
F32Fleet
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 435i

My error. I didn't notice the part # for the Mercon SP continued to the line below. Missread it as a seperate line.

I spoke with business services/products department/lubricants at Shell.

As for my site regardings labeling of off market ATF your comment concerning Pentosin ATF1 is a perfect example. Bottle says it's applicable for 6HP but Pentosin PDS sheet states no.

I'm about spent with this and I've seen you've been questioning this all over the internet since 2009.

#1 What I know is that M-1375.4 is a base lubricant and brand specific additive packages are added.

#2 I also know that sans one guy (Pentosin Rep) there is a handful of people (Even this guy who emailed me his opinion @ http://www.meurosport.com/ZF_Transmission_Fluid.php) who recommend against using any other ATF other than LG6 or OEM for the ZF 6HP.

#3 Multi-spec ATF's can only meet the most BASIC of specifications of what they say on the bottle/PDS.

#4 MSDS does not tell you everything about the fluid. It tells you about the basic attributes but that's it.

#5 You're unlikely to experience any problems in the short run (within 10-20k miles) using a fluid which is close to OEM if you're running shorter change intervals. (Ex, You use ATF1 since it says 6HP on the bottle, yet you've developed decreased MPG's, so obviously the fluid isn't the same a LG6. Note: LG6 isn't bad, but it's the change intervals which may be bad regardless of fluid used)

#6 So if Amsoil sales bunnies are "not that smart" yet plenty of E46 BMW owners were sold Amsoil ATF for their A/Ts', whose the dumb one???

Last edited by F32Fleet; 03-22-2010 at 02:49 PM..
Appreciate 0