Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billyray911 View Post
Here you go-plenty to go 'round!

Sweet or Savoury?

You know reading the thread guys, it seems more like the Scotts feel like they have to defend themselves or justify their views. I don't think thats the case really, being English I think I can safely say that yes Murray gets abuse but then the media slaughters their own too. Just look at Steve "the dohnut" Mclaren, and Gordon "the glass eye" Brown.

What is irrefutable is the comments passed by both sides regarding the issue of a messy political divorce settlement which politicians and media encourage in turn to justify their stance.

That is always going to be there, it was/is there with India and Pakistan, Isreal and Iran, Argentina and Falklands islands etc.

It doesnt have to be personal unless you make it.

Also whilst we are on topic. Andy Murray is a darn good Tennis player. Had he have not been playing in and Era with great players like Nadal, Federrer and Djokovic maybe he would be champ by now. Yes he is only 25 and yes he has reached the Wimbledon final but lets not mask these successes with the truth.

That is he is simply, at present, No where near as good as the other three. He is not a big game player, doesn't take risks and does not play the big points.

Maybe that will change, and maybe the petty jibes from British towards Scotts will stop, and maybe the Scotts will lessen there stance of insecurity and self justification.

Or maybe I can dream.

P.s I have not been to Scotland, I look forward to going one day.

All the best guys.
Appreciate 0