View Single Post
      11-16-2012, 10:39 AM   #33
ajm8127
Private
Rep
Drives: '07 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by N54_Fan View Post
Yes I agree with much of what you said. I think this will help at the track to keep having smooth transmission changes and really is more of a reliability mod than anything else. It will likely do little to none in the way of perfromance. The one thing I want to point out is that 117C is 242 F, not 234F. The highest water temp I have seen is 231F at the track. I did notice that it spiked from 217-231 in a matter of seconds so I did back off a bit when I saw that occur even though I had another 8 F to go before limp mode. I have seen limp mode at the track but never related to water or oil temps. I did one time have a limp mode I think related to traction control but I did not have access to a code reader so not certain.
You are correct. I had the wrong combination of multiplying by 9/5 and adding 32 when I did that conversion.

Am still curious about how putting the axillary oil to air cooler before or after the stock heat exchanger would effect not only ATF temps, but water temps as well. From the beginning of this conversation about ATF cooling, I have been interested not just about ATF temps, but also how the ATF temps influence the water temps. To me, if you could see a drop in water temps for an increase in ATF temps (but still an overall drop in ATF temps compared to the stock setup) that would be a win.

I am very much looking forward to your temperature data.
Appreciate 0