View Single Post
      09-28-2010, 10:32 AM   #12
techlogik
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i Dravit Grey

For the money and performance, the Procede is best IMO. You can always turn around and sell it. The GIAC you can't. It is either there, or gets overwritten back to stock. Nothing can be transferred/gained back out of it. I just don't want a worse case scenario of being on the side of the road (even in FL hot/humid/raining) and the car drops over dead. Yes, even with a flash to be safe, it would need to be towed to your house/GIAC dealer and reverse the piggyback/Flash to stock.

But, if it is a HPFP...I would just switch to the stock GIAC map and let it be towed to the dealer with the flash installed. I doubt BMW is putting any effort into extra work with uploading DME data when it comes to some things, like a HPFP failure which happens so frequently, or certain things like electronics for warranty etc...the piggyback, anytime it goes in, even for an oil change, you need to remove the thing. It can be seen and found out easily. The GIAC flash, the local dealer has zero ability to detect a flash. BMW would have no reason to want a DME upload for routine fixes and maintenance IMO. I'll take my chances for now.

They each have their pros/cons. You just need to decide for yourself what you are willing to deal with to revert things back, or what features you want, or mods you are going to have etc...that fit your situation.

Good luck.