DallasBoosted
Captain
Rep
Drives: '08 E92 335i

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by N54_Fan View Post
I would add a AR catless DP, new 1M WP, T-stat, and 335IS radiator fan if you are in the mood to make sure (as best as possible) that your car is up to the heat challenge. Some of these may be overkill or do little to change heat (like DP) but every little bit helps. Last thing to consider is running with the heater or defrost on and even engine cover and cowl off while at the track. Everything else I think you got covered.
I actually don't see many people with manual transmission water temp problems. If there are some, they aren't reporting in. And I don't want to do a DP since the DP's seem to be included in the single turbo kits.

Besides - I just checked on penskeparts and the 1M tstat and water pump are the same part #'s as the E92 335i, and the 335is radiator fan is 850w v. 600w, but the fans aren't going to help when you are out on the track anyway - they're going to help at lower speeds. I don't know what the crossover speed is where the fan helps instead of obstructs flow, but I'm going to imagine it's low. Besides, that fan is $800.

Last edited by DallasBoosted; 07-10-2012 at 09:57 PM..
Appreciate 0