View Single Post
      10-19-2012, 01:59 PM   #70
Havok_2011
Canada
Rep
Drives: Alpine White 2011 M3 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1lyfe View Post
But the I wont be getting a new hood, they are taking my bent one and repairing it which kind of makes me worry but insurance wont give me a new one.

I also talked to a couple of mechanic friends ans asked them about the strutural integrity of the car after the accident since i take it tracking once in a while and they all told me dont take it to track anymore unless i get everything spot welded cause the chassis wont be able to take the stress anymore. anyone know if this is true?
Hood can be fixed, but will never be 100%. Once the hood gets deformed, its hard to get it perfect again, but they will probably be able to fix it well enough for the naked eye not to notice anything.

Yes, the car won't have the same strength as before, whenever an accident involves welding/fixing parts of its structural frame, it will never be like new. My RSX got t-boned by a truck, shop fixed it up for a major amount of $$. Should have been a write off if you ask me. Car was never the same again. They aren't going to spot weld everything either...to time consuming/expensive.

I suggest you keep your car off the track when you get it back. Sell the car in the spring and get the F30?
Appreciate 0