View Single Post
      02-25-2011, 02:35 PM   #143
roninsoldier83
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E82 128i 6MT / AP2 Honda S2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike@N54Tuning.com View Post
Such long replies with off topic rants and veiled insults are not really necessary.

1) You've failed to show stock, CPS, and flash tune cars don't ride the knockthesold system.
2) You've failed to explain how "autotuning" works without knock.
3) You've failed to understand that the load/timing tables are advance limiters or maximum advance set points, not base timing tables.
4) You've made the claim that cylinder by cylinder timing drops lead to "massive" torque drops which hasn't proven to be the case with dyno testing. We can get in to that if you're interested.
5) You've failed to acknowledge or explain the large number of JB4 charts posted without timing dips.

Finally in reference to Cobb I'll offer this quote which directly contradicts you:

Regarding the PRO board it does include CPS as well as a variety of
other features but not because they are required or beneficial for the
average N54 user. It's simply to make it a more universal product.
While I tried to be friendly, I think I might have somehow gotten under your skin.... I apologize about that

1. I have not advocated the use of an OTS tune (stock, piggy or flash)... not once. In your haze of anger over your own lack of understanding, realize from my original post I have advocated custom tuning (road or dyno) as a method of optimizing a vehicle. You shouldn't be riding the knock threshold as a means of limiting timing. You've missed the entire point.

2. ^^^See 1st question.

3. I hope you're joking.... I doubt you are... if you're serious, you've learned nothing. This type of knock correction based timing adaptation is not new, and it is not optimal, no matter what Terry tells you. It's a failsafe.

4. I've seen several dynos of cars on this forum that have torque drops at random RPM's running JB's.... hell, a person doesn't even have to search this board, a quick Google image search is very revealing. However, in many cases the timing drops are not always evidenced on a torque curve, but we have all seen them (even though it is not hard to simply not post a run with a drop).

5. Yes I did... in my first post in this thread. The combo of good gas, low IAT's and a random lucky pull is the all explanation needed.

The quote from Cobb is out of context (not speaking about a car they have dyno tuned personally, which is what I have been advocating), but with his permission I would gladly post an IM from Rob (at Cobb) clearly stating that as long as the tune is happy, you should be getting base table values.

LMAO @ the PRO board explanation. That is hypocrisy at its most base form sir. At that I rest my case. Either you can choose to try and learn something from this entire discussion, or you can continue to spew misinformation, and ignore pertinent questions other knowledgeable members have asked.

I hope that when the PRO board is released, that you (as well as Terry) can actually realize the benefits of having timing control. I think you'll enjoy it once it becomes an available feature on your system.

Best of luck in all of your endeavors.

-Brandon