11-11-2018, 02:35 PM   #3
nate93
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 E93

Quote:
Originally Posted by lime View Post
2008 335i with Comfort Access

Starting recently the key fob seems to be working intermittently. I replaced the battery twice but to no avail. It appears to be all buttons on the fob that are affected.

I just did some testing by standing in different spots around the car locking and unlocking it many times in quick succession. It worked maybe 70% of the time, but a couple of times when it wouldn't work it took about 30-45 seconds for it to come right and start working again. Initially I thought it was mainly standing in front of the car that was giving issues but after doing that testing I'm not so sure, it seems now to be randomly anyplace around the car. I only have the one key for it so can't try another.

Any ideas?

I had similar issue back when I first bought the car. Test this and report back, try standing really close to your car, if the remote works %100, and then it stops working as you are moving away from the car then let me know. If that is the case. Then you need to replace the FBD module.

The module is placed at different location depending on your model, I have an E93, the module is in the rear mirror, so I replaced that and my remote has been working perfectly ever since. So let me know and I can help locate where your FBD module is.
Appreciate 0