United_States
Rep
Drives: '12 M3, '18 S560, '16 G63

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCThreePedals View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by S.hasan546 View Post
You're comparing apples to oranges.

Your M4 is an $800 finance payment because you either put a bunch of money down, bought used, and/or got a shit long loan term.
Bought a 81k car for 46k yes, let someone else take the hit

The cars in the subscription program are also used, and yes it is a poor comparison BUT my point was I can own the same car for less than what it would cost to rent it

Like I said, works for some but not for most.
Quote:
Quote:
Insurance with a 300 deductible for my M4 at 26 is $115 and my monthly finance payment is $800 so if I'm paying 2600 I'd expect a huracan in my driveway and for $1400 I would expect an i8 and not an M2

I can see how this will work for SOME but sure as hell won't work for most

Your M4 is an $800 finance payment because you either put a bunch of money down, bought used, and/or got a shit long loan term.
Quote:
Quote:

Bought a 81k car for 46k yes, let someone else take the hit

The cars in the subscription program are also used, and yes it is a poor comparison BUT my point was I can own the same car for less than what it would cost to rent it

Like I said, works for some but not for most.
I agree with s.hasan. Your comparison is off. Many cars have similar lease vs finance monthly payment but lease is 3 years vs finance being dragged out 5 years (common terms).

And because these sub cars are swapped out with new ones every 1-2 years, even comparison with a 3 year lease is unfair. The subscription structure is essentially a 24k miles, 1 year lease. But 1 year leases are way too rare, we can only use their lease price point with a slightly more common 2 year term pricing to gauge value.

With utmost certainty, no way would bmw keep using the same car well into year 2. Dealers like to unload their loaner way before 10k miles.

Current - 2012 AW/FR E92 M3 | 2014 AW X5 | 2015 MB S550 | 2016 RR V8 (White FTW)
Mods - BPMTune Stg1/Servo, Euro Visors & Side Mirror, IND Gloss Blk Pkg, OEM Perf. CF Trim/Spoiler, Grills, Lights, Pedals, Umnitza V4 AE, ModeCarbon GTS V1, 19" HRE P40
Sold - 2008 BSM/Black E92 335i
Appreciate 0