View Single Post
      11-26-2012, 04:29 PM   #7
ign335i
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i e92

Quote:
Originally Posted by boostbuddy View Post
Took the plunge and installed my JB4 last Wednesday (while g/f was putting up my roof Xmas lights - now that's dedication). The install required the video and the hard copy instructions. It took me 2.5 hours, although I took my time to make SURE I got it right the first time. I can honestly say it should be about 45 min next time. It's kind of scary digging into the guts of the DME.

I wanted to try Map 5 with a blend of 40% E85 (which is available less than 5 miles away) and 60% 91 octane, but I ran out of time. I ran on Map 1 and Map 5 and didn't notice much difference running straight 91. I logged about 400 miles on a long weekend trip and I gotta say I'm very happy with the results. First time on WOT, I saw DTC lights and heard tires chirpping Power delivery is smooth and strong to redline.

I'll report back when I get some E85 in her and autotune on Map 5.

Any reason to not just clear codes and leave JB4 in for routine trips to dealer (I'm CPO for next two years)?
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellomyBMW View Post
My JB4 G5 is on it's way. Already have DCI installed.
When can I start pumping in E85/93 Octane blend to run map5?
Also how do you exactly know the mixture percentage? Is this eye balling it from total volume of the tank?
You can run E85 with no other mods on map 5. Assume 16 gallons in tank. I fill 8ga E85 and then the remainder with 91 and then reset the Map (do this by selecting a different map and then switching back to Map 5). Have fun!
Appreciate 0