Thread: 1M Front Bumper
View Single Post
      07-08-2015, 02:19 PM   #38
Tashii_CakezZ
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 335i 'vert <3

Hey all!

Ok so last month my car (e93) was in the shop for some other work and while it was there I discussed putting a 1M bumper on. The body guy said no problem and said he would look into it and give me the deets. He found one (Duraflex) for a great price and ordered it for me.

Big mistake..huge...

Turns out that the only way that the Duraflex bumper will fit is if the shop were to cut out a part of my front support structure. Obviously that was a HELL NO!

He claimed to have tried every way he could think of to try and mount it but it wasn't possible, when he called the seller they confirmed that it did indeed require modifying the frame.

Since neither of us wanted to do that he ended up sending it back to them, after a bit of a battle and return shipping was on me. And truthfully he said the condition of the bumper was shit, I would have paid almost as much as the bumper itself just to have it smoothed out and fitted.

I did however speak to a new vendor today, specifically asked him about fitment and he called the manufacturer to verified that it would not require any modifications on the car, just the same light sanding and hole drilling. It is a fiberglass kit so i'm ehhhh about it all but he's going to get back to me later on with a quote. They're located in Cali and the manufacturer is giving a ship date of mid aug.
Appreciate 1