View Single Post
      05-08-2018, 02:48 PM   #9
bNks334
Major
Rep
Drives: '11 135i (N55)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaanBMW View Post
So is this final - the only way to disable vvt is to disconnect the ess, at which point the throttle is used ? any other precaution or simply unplug, that's it ? + will this cause issues in the long run ? anyone know if any power limitation will occur with ess off ? (Jeesus seems allude to some limitations but on different engines)

hassmaschine how did you do it ?
You cannot just simply unplug the valvetronic motor if it has failed. You have no way in knowing at what degree of eccentric rotation the motor failed at... You need to manually adjust the eccentric shaft to max lift.

I am not sure what position a working motor keeps the eccentric shaft in when the motor is in the OFF position. I would guess that it is at MINIMUM valve lift with the car off. Again, you'd have to open/drill the valve cover and manually rotate to max lift.

No one has invested in identifying a DME fix for the CEL after disabling valvetronic. Since it can be done on older motors, I am sure there is a way to do it on new ones too.

I run my N55 with valvetronic disabled and the valves set to max lift. No issues as far as I am aware except re-tuning was needed to control mass airflow at low rpms.
Appreciate 0