View Single Post
      06-14-2022, 06:41 AM   #65
Burrcold
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2024 M3 Comp xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexFL View Post
I don’t quite understand your logic. I personally drive 70-100 miles per day, so I always take an inexpensive daily and sell it after a year or two. If I mostly worked from home like you, I would drive a better daily because the mileage could be kept low.
My work from home situation could change at any point and I also like the idea of a nice daily as well. If I knew things weren't going to change, I'd buy a manual 911 and call it a day. I'm just conflicted with where I want to put my money on a combo of cars or just keep one that's good at both the daily duties and fun (so far that's the RS5 in my case). Unfortunately I can't afford something amazing for both...well I could but I'd be getting a divorce.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stein_325i View Post
It wouldn't be surprising to see you get out of another car so quick given your track record

What types of weekend cars do you have on your list?
LOL it wouldn't surprise me either, although I'm really really enjoying the combo of RS5 and Q7. For weekend use I've looked at everything from older 911's, Mustangs, F-Type (V8), the new GR86, even some of the "higher mileage" LC500's are coming down in price...higher mileage on those is like 15k miles, C63s Coupe, and a bunch more that I can't think of right now. Basically something that I don't care so much about gas mileage, is fun, and a little more out of my sterile Audi life (not complaining) that I kind of need as a work/life/fun balance vehicle. I also have 3 young kids, so the weekend car doesn't have to be something I need to ever transport anyone in.
stein_325i25083.00
AlexFL7837.00