View Single Post
      03-22-2015, 04:09 PM   #109
Isaiah5411
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 Montego Blue 328i E93

Project Performance Underway

Well, the extended CPO finally ran out, so... (Amended 3-26-15)

...time to start on the performance end of things:
1) BMW Performance Exhaust - check! Installed last Friday. Love it!
2) "Eurobox" air intake with K&N filter - To be installed 3-17-15 along with #3.
3) 3.0 Intake manifold conversion - Used one fell into my lap...being installed 3-27-15
4) AA tune - Debating this now. No local dealers had the equipment to install. But...will probably order G5 tool and get tune next week after tomorrow's mods.

Not a lot of pics for this post, I guess. You all know what the exhaust looks and sounds like and what the Euro air intake looks like. Guess the only pic to follow will be of the ticket I get the first week after making these changes.

Oh yeah...a couple of months ago, I replaced the fog lamps housings and used Nokya 2500k yellow bulbs. Got tired of trying to match the Lux 8 v5 LED AE's.

I did find one major advantage of having the adjustable AE's from LUX: I was in an accident a few months ago and had to replace the driver's side headlamp. The difference in clarity...and color...of my older head lamp (the car is an '08) was very disappointing. Most of you know that the fiber optics inside these older lamps turn a bit yellow with age...almost unnoticeable with stock H8 bulbs but readily apparent once you go to whiter bulbs if your headlights are two different ages like mine are.

Solution: I set the driver's LUX 8 v5 to 5000k and the passenger side to 5200k, and...they match perfectly!

Using the BMWhat app, I also coded out the amber corners but left the LEDs on, which compliment the yellow fogs and make the light set look like the newer cars.

Name:  IMG_4008.JPG
Views: 800
Size:  241.1 KB
"O thou afflicted, tossed with tempest, and not comforted, behold, I will lay thy stones with fair colours, and lay thy foundations with sapphires." (Isaiah 54:11)

Last edited by Isaiah5411; 03-26-2015 at 07:16 AM..
Appreciate 0