Private
Czech_Republic
Rep
Drives: bmw330i e91 lci/ n53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will_460cs View Post
Where and how are they claiming that?
bimmeprofs web faq:
"Q8: If I use NOXEM, will I have fuel economy?

A8: Yes, the use of NOXEM will decrease fuel consumption for at least 15 .. 25%, comparing to vehicle, which has problems with NOx catalytic converter and/or NOx sensor, and at least 5 .. 10% comparing to vehicle, which NOx catalytic converter has good performance and there are no technical problems with NOx system components. NOXEM requires regeneration of NOx catalytic converter max rare (each 50 .. 60 seconds) and desulphation – with max low exhaust system temperature. Both conditions guarantee max low fuel consumption and max long work life of exhaust system.

How does NOXEM allow you to save fuel?
NOXEM allows you save extra 5..10% (usually around 10%) of fuel, comparing to OEM NOx sensor. How? NOXEM initializes regeneration of NOx catalytic converter max rare – average after 50 .. 55 seconds. In case of OEM NOx sensor, NOx catalytic converter is regenerated after 10 .. 20 seconds. During regeneration, the engine burns the additional amount of fuel to heat the NOx catalytic converter. The less often the regeneration, the less fuel “waste”. Also desulphation sessions NOXEM initializes max rare – 3 .. 5 times less than OEM NOx sensor. In the process of desulphation also an additional amount of fuel is burned, to keep the temperature of exhaust system high. Moreover, when using NOXEM, you can avoid desulphation sessions at all – it allows you to save both, additional fuel and money.
Appreciate 0