View Single Post
      09-09-2020, 10:31 AM   #14
TKO Performance
Rep
Drives: Corvette

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9M71 View Post
F80 M3 here.

Roadnoise - yes, probably a product of the carbon roof and also wide (+sticky) tires in the rear. Is it intrusive? No, not at all. It isnt any worse than another mixed performance/dd dual purpose car.

Exhaust drone - no. This is with an aftermarket midpipe and valve controller. Even with the valves wide open, the drone is barely noticeable at highway cruising speeds. With valves closed and you got pretty much a silent cruiser in the noise department.

In summary, its not as quiet as a proper land yacht but it is leagues more solid than some prior cars (e.g. WRX/STI, various infiniti's, etc)
I hear ya. And as I mentioned before, NY does not seem to have to many issues with tire/road noise. For the most part its black top and they don't add something to the mix (that other states do) that will make those tires hum.

Quick story.. We bought a stingray from PA. Driving towards NY it was Quiet. The wife was also surprised at how low the interior noise was.....until we hit the Jersey Turnpike. I nearly sh*t myself. We were laughing at how ridiculous the noise level was..

As for the exhaust, if you have a NPP type where you can open and close valve your good to go. Thank you sir!
Appreciate 0