09-18-2012, 12:42 PM   #156
montreal red
chris
Canada
Rep
Drives: White Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim View Post
Mine are even worse. The adjustment knobs of the rears are on top of the strut tower. ... and yes, there is a piece of metal right above it. So you can't really adjust them unless you cut a hole in the metal or unscrew the top strut tower mounts (i.e. half-disassemble the coilovers in the rear), which I'm too lazy to do, so I'm going to leave them I think. Or maybe I'll do one adjustment and slightly turn towards soft. But I don't even know - I might just be overstating it based on the half an hour drive back home. I think I need to drive it a bit more to confirm - and the best part of it is that the wife drove the car to work this morning and hasn't complained yet about the stiffness, so maybe it's not too bad.
yea if i were in the same situation, i probably wont touch it either. i guess i was lucky mine only involved removing of the wheel then i could use the special KW wrenches to adjust the ride height, damping and rebound. the rears would require pulling back of the carpet to get to the top of the knob on top of the shock but that wasnt too bad either. no metal covering the top of the shock, just carpeting.

Current: 2013 F10 M5 & 2016 Mini JCW
2013 GLK350 (gone), 997.1 GT3RS (gone), 2009 WRX STI (gone), e92 M3 (gone)
Appreciate 0