View Single Post
      01-11-2021, 12:43 PM   #22
bmw_solid
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 PreLCI 330d SE Coupe B.Red

I'm in the same boat as you and have a couple of threads on this topic...

I'm in the works and recently installed SACHS OEM shocks all-round for my non-sport (SE) E92 Pre-LCI. Not happy with the SACHS as they were OEM for BMW in the Pre-LCI...Bilstein B4 is the LCI OEM for BMW E9x. Pre-LCI E9x are known for a crashy / harsh ride...LCI is known for an improved ride (but still crashy) at least here in the UK.

I recently had new front arms installed and think they haven't been torqued correctly so will be attempting to do that my self. If that does not improve the crashy ride to a more compliant level, I will be looking to install B4 shocks with my standard non-sport springs.

Remember one thing though, if you do go for B4, they have 2 variants...1) B4 non-sport and 2) B4 Sport. In your case, B4 non-sport would be correct.

If you are after the most comfort, I personally would not lower a E9x as these are comfortable cars (on SE chassis) but have a quite firm rear and are crashy over large bumps/road imperfections from factory...if you decide to go for B4 non-sport shocks then your improvement will be basically a more compliant crashy ride and noticeably more wafty/cushy ride over smooth bumps... (I personally will be happy with this feel). Lets face it, even a C-Class is crashy over large bumps but in a more comfortable way compared to the 3-er. It is only when you are driving a 7-er or S-Class when one should expect a sublime ride! I've driven a W204 C-Class and W221 S-Class so experience is talking.

The B4 non-sport will not transform the car into a C-Class Merc, unless you go for the Konis which are very expensive stuff or other alternatives that cost double or triple the price of B4s. However, it will make your current ride better than before, or in other words, more compliant... to a level where you could actually appreciate the car and its ride...

What year is your car by the way?
Appreciate 0