12-21-2012, 11:01 AM   #90
Jamesons Viggen
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '98 M Roadster stg 2+ S/C

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonsterM View Post
WAAAYYYY more unreliable. Owned and experienced plenty FI vehicles and NA vehicles. I do not want to own another turbo vehicle for a long time, specially a German made one. A good 6 cylinder will deliver more power while still achieving very good fuel economy and will be a lot more reliable and durable than a turbo four. Honda and Toyota make V6's in the mainstream vehicles (Accord and Camry) that are faster than the F30 328i, cost less to produce, maintain and will likely outlast any German turbo four (non-diesel) currently on the market.
Show me the Japanese V-6's that are faster than the N20 328? (I would say only the G37 and IS350 count, both of which align with the 335(though the G25 was just dropped).

The Japanese V-6 offerings basically can about equal the N20 in terms of performance, but not so much beat it. That's the point, V-6 performance and 4 cylinder economy.

Funny enough, the C350 Benz barely lines up with the N20, it's C250 is comical.

Reliability, well that's a bit complicated. I can point to examples of V-6's that have been less reliable than a small size turbo and vice versa. I would not own any european modern car without a warranty, so that point is mute.

'98 Dinan/RMS stage 2+(VAC cams, CES Cutring etc)
'15 Buick Regal "T"(wife)
'06 Saab 9-5 Combi 5mt (full suspension, LSD, clipped turbo etc)

Last edited by Jamesons Viggen; 12-21-2012 at 11:06 AM..
Appreciate 0