View Single Post
      10-27-2019, 05:43 AM   #1
jonybravo78
Rep
Drives: Bmw E93

SOS malfunction 335i - please help

I have recently bought a 2007 E93 335i. All was fine for the first week, and then the following happened over a period of a few days

1) Strange noises coming from speakers (distortion, and thudding even though the radio was off)

2) SOS warning malfunction light pops up. All sound goes from car (radio, sat nav, reverse lights, door chime etc)

3) Few days later, still SOS light, with no sound, but horrible noises coming from the speakers again such as distortion, vibrations, and thudding noises)

So, from searching this forum and online, it would look like the Sat Radio module has failed, and all I need is a MOST fibre optic bypass cable.

However, after having looked in the boot / trunk, there is no Sat radio installed.

Please see the pictures below. Can anyone help diagnose the issue? The car still has 8 weeks left on its warranty so I'd like to get this resolved sooner rather than later. The car isn't really driveable as the distortion noises from the speakers is pretty unbearable/
Attached Images

19 inch staggered Hamann deep dish alloys, 15mm spacers front and back, sprint boost controller, lowered on Stance+ coilovers, HKS BOV, burger DCI, Carbon Fibre M4 spoiler, carbon front spiltter, MOMO quick release steering wheel, custom colour alloys, hamann floor mats, green calipers, clutch stop, Masata FMIC
Appreciate 0