View Single Post
      11-04-2019, 04:48 AM   #8
jonybravo78
Rep
Drives: Bmw E93

Are the drain holes the ones in front of the rear tyre under that flap? If so, i'm getting the garage to drain them when it goes in next week.

I managed to get the amp out, it was a pain in the a$$. I had to take lots of the boot lining out, there are screws everywhere I just hope I can remember which ones go where when it's time to put it back together.

The amp was sat in about 3 inches of water. I managed to unplug it and get it out and it's now sitting on the radiator. I've not had a chance to plug it back in to see if it is still working, primarily because the boot compartment on the left keeps flooding every time it rains.

There's no issues on the other side though, the battery compartment is bone dry. Strange.

There's a straw in the picture because before I could get access to the compartment, I tried to suck as much water out as I could. There's not as much water in the picture as there was at the start of this process

Name:  IMG_3118 (2) copy.jpg
Views: 525
Size:  112.3 KB

Name:  IMG_3119.jpg
Views: 499
Size:  88.6 KB

Name:  IMG_3121.jpg
Views: 518
Size:  113.8 KB

Name:  IMG_3122.jpg
Views: 481
Size:  73.6 KB

So now the amp is out, there's no more popping and crackling and bumping noises from the speakers, so at least the car is more drive-able than it has been for the last week.

I'm still getting the SOS malfunction light coming on though. Not sure how this warning light has anything to do with a flooded amp though
19 inch staggered Hamann deep dish alloys, 15mm spacers front and back, sprint boost controller, lowered on Stance+ coilovers, HKS BOV, burger DCI, Carbon Fibre M4 spoiler, carbon front spiltter, MOMO quick release steering wheel, custom colour alloys, hamann floor mats, green calipers, clutch stop, Masata FMIC
Appreciate 0